The Grilla is very trouble free in operation when properly maintained and quality fuel is used. If the Grilla fails to operate properly, use the following to troubleshoot.
1. Unplug Grilla
2. Empty Hopper and clean out Auger with vacuum as necessary to remove any loose debris
3. If Auger still will not turn see "AUGER REMOVAL" section
4. Once Auger has been removed clean tube and Auger and re-install
5. Plug Grilla in and turn "On"
6. If the Auger still won't turn, motor may need replacing, contact your local Grilla dealer
1. Check outlet and verify Control Panel is powering up
2. If outlet is good and LED Screen is not coming on, check fuse on back of Control Panel (see "CONTROL PANEL REMOVAL")
3. Turn Grilla "Off"
4. Remove Lower Cooking Grate, Grease Catch Can Holder and Flavor Disc
5. Remove Fire Pot (see "FIRE POT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION") and clean
6. Re-install Fire Pot
7. Turn Grilla "On"
8. Verify Auger begins to turn and fuel is dropping into Fire Pot. If Auger is not turning see "How do I remove the Auger if it jams?" section
9. If Auger is turning but pellets are not coming out ensure there are pellets in the Hopper. If it ran empty or if this is the first time for use, it will be necessary to prime the Auger (see "GETTING STARTED" section in Operation Manual). This will ensure pellets are at the end of the tube and will begin dropping once unit is turned on
10. Igniter should begin to turn red within 1-2 minutes. If not, see IGNITER REMOVAL/INSTALLATION
11. The Grilla can be used without the Igniter by simply following the "How to manually light your Grilla" section
1. Verify pellets are in the Hopper
2. If this is the initial firing or the Grilla has run out of pellets, allow sufficient time for the pellets to travel from the Hopper to the Fire Pot (may take up to 5 minutes)
3. Once pellets begin to drop, turn the Grilla "Off" and then back "On" to re-start Ignition Mode (see step 3 and 4 in the "GETTING STARTED" section in the Operation Manual)
4. Ensure the Auger is turning by removing the Lower Cooking Grate, Grease Catch Can Holder and Never Flare Flavor Disc and visually check the Auger
5. If Auger is not turning see "How do I remove the Auger if it jams?" section
1. Turn Grilla "Off"
2. Fill Hopper
3. Remove Lower Cooking Grate, Grease Catch Can Holder and Flavor Disc
4. Pour ½ cup of pellets in Firepot
5. Squirt 2 tablespoons of alcohol gel fire lighter on top of pellets
6. Light with long reach butane lighter
7. Let gel and pellets burn for approximately 4 minutes
8. Once fire is going reinstall Flavor Disc, Lower Cooking Grate and Grease Catch Can Holder
9. Turn Control Dial to the "Smoke" position and leave Lid halfway open
10. Allow 10 minutes for Grilla to preheat before placing any food onto your Grilla
Contact your Grilla dealer. Be sure to be ready with your name, phone number, address and serial number, along with the part identification number from the "Parts Diagram" in the Operation Manual.